Sunday, March 26, 2006

Central Coast Chillin





I love the Central Coast of California. Those who have grown up in the valley know the relaxed nature of the coast. It makes for an excellent getaway. My favorite moment of the weekend was when the Ferrari Club showed up at the Apple Farm Inn to register for the weekend. And yes, they were as snobby and elitist as you might expect. I only caught the end of one owner's joke which went like this (in your most Thurston Howell III voice) "...and so I said, 'Why yes, I'm here with the Alfa Romeo Club'. ha ha ha ha". I'm sorry to admit it, but I really was hoping to hear that he managed to scratch his precious 335 Spider that weekend. No such luck.

The weather was a bit dodgy on Saturday morning. Really strong rain up until noon. Otherwise it was an excellent trip. I found some proof that life on the coast really is as laid back as I thought. It isn't too often that the police take the day off as well.

San Luis Obispo, Pismo Beach, Morro Bay, and Cambria were as wonderful as ever. As much as I love living in the mountains, I LOVE the beach even more. If there was a way I could live there, I think that I would. I know my wife wouldn't complain about it. The trick is living there without being destitute.
I had to take a picture of this dumpster in an alley behind the famous Splash Cafe. Check out the stickers in black. Likely the reverse psychology of local surfers. Seriously, Splash Cafe has the best clam chowder in the county. Definitely worth the splurge to get it in the sourdough bread bowl.

All said, I'm the better for the weekend. I definitely needed the break from becoming a robot worker. And, I most certainly needed the time with my wife.

No comments: