Saturday, March 04, 2006

Powerless Again

Not as fun this time. A winter storm busted through town yesterday, and left many without power. For example, my wife. It is somewhat frustrating to know that you could help solve the problem, but you aren't allowed to do anything about it. Such was the case yesterday.

Here's the setup, in case you don't know. I live in Mariposa, and am served by powerlines that come from north of town. I work in Oakhurst, and for the most part, I don't work on the powerlines of Mariposa. I could hear the guys in Mariposa talk about switching the power that feeds my neighborhood, but I couldn't really do anything about it. All this time, I'm working and having a pretty good day, while my wife is stuck at home with no power and a foot of snow outside. I was wishing that I could help. In the end, the Mariposa boys restored power to the waiting masses, and all were relieved it was over. I guess that sometimes, all you can do is watch and wait. It's hard to do that sometimes. I got to climb a tree, drive to Fish Camp in the snow, and took some nice pictures. I'll post them as soon as I develop them.

.

No comments: