Saturday, April 01, 2006

Springing Forward (hopefully into Spring)




Tonight I mourn the loss of an hour of sleepytime. Because I so unregularly manage to sleep a full night, I feel sad to give up an hour of that precious time. I suppose I could always move to some oddball state like Arizona, American Samoa, or Guam. But then I would be in Arizona, American Samoa, or Guam. I would not mind, however, Hawaii. I would LOVE to live on Standard Time in Hawaii.

Of course you could always live in Indiana. Check out this info I swiped from infoplease.com.


Under the old system, 77 of the state's 92 counties were in the Eastern Time Zone but did not change to daylight time in April. Instead they remained on standard time all year. That is, except for two counties near Cincinnati, Ohio, and Louisville, Ky., which did use daylight time.
But the counties in the northwest corner of the state (near Chicago) and the southwestern tip (near Evansville), which are in the Central Time Zone, used both standard and daylight time.



I'm glad I live on the Left Coast. We're all stuck with DST, and we're all in the same time zone. No thinking required.

No comments: