Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Illusionist


My movie recommendation for the season falls squarely on The Illusionist. It is a period piece, set in turn-of-the-century Vienna. The film quality, as well as the tone of the lighting and orchestration create the mood. I highly recommend it. Engaging, suspensful, and beautiful; this movie is worth your time and money.

During the previews they showed a spot for The Prestige. It appears to be yet another period piece that showcases a rivalry between illusionists. Bonus. It appears that the movie will be premiering on my birthday (Oct. 20).

Gotta go now. I have some ferns to plant.

1 comment:

MountainPowerLineman said...

I totally didn't do what I said. No ferns planted. I did, however, manage to move a jasmine vine and install some much needed irrigation.