Thursday, December 04, 2008

A Lineman's Favorite Things: :Lineman Gift Shops

We linemen seem to enjoy gifts that celebrate what it means to be a lineman.  I think it comes from both having pride in doing a job that involves things that most people fear (heights and high voltage) and what can feel like a lack of appreciation from the general public.  As a result, we overcompensate, and buy t-shirts, hats, toys,belt buckles, stickers, etc. to tell ourselves and others that we think we're the best.  I post this link as an example of what we Linemen think of ourselves (and tell others).

We know we're good, and we want everyone else to know.  

Here are some of my favorite things:




Lineman T Shirts - I like the power tools one from The Lineman's Factory (there's shotgun hotsticks running down the sleeves)

Those are just a few of my favorite gift stores.  What are yours?  Suggestions?


No comments: