Sunday, January 18, 2009

Let's Move On to 2009, Shall We

I don't really have a lot to say in this post, but I really couldn't let the Christmas Season keep dragging on in my blog.  There is a time for everything, and Christmas is retired for at least another 10 months. 


It's yet another year, and I am finally back on a line crew.  The hiatus was fine in compliance inspection, and it did afford me some reliably standard work hours through the holidays, but come January I was ready to go back to being a regular Lineman.  The past couple of weeks have been really good.  It's difficult to return to construction after being away for so long.  You tend to forget all of the little tricks you use to make your job easier. Thankfully, they've been coming back to me in time.  

Last week, my coworker who lost his hands in an electrical incident dropped by the yard.  It was good to see him up and about.  He and his wife found out recently that they are expecting a baby later this year.  He seems in really good spirits for where he is in his recovery, and I wish him the very best.  Please continue in your prayers for him and his family.  There's still a long way to go.

I've not announced it properly here on the blog, but my wife and I are expecting twin boys later this Spring.  I've known for quite a while, but I just never got around to announcing it here.  I'm pretty excited, and fairly anxious.  Going from a family of 3 to a family of  5 in one fell swoop will be an adventure.  I plan to take advantage of the Family Leave Act and spend about a month at home, helping everything to get settled.  Thankfully, we expect to have some family help a few days a week.  It will be wild.

Here in CenCal the weather is unseasonably warm.  If you're visiting from the Great Northwest, you'll probably want to bring your shorts and t shirts.  It was in the 70s yesterday.

Well, until we meet again - good day.

3 comments:

r said...

This poor post has been sitting up here for months with no comment... so here is a comment for you. Ever going to blog again?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

bigfoot said...

Hi Nick, Congrats on the twins .My name is Tim Maryniak from Amherst NY near Niagara Falls. I drive a truck but have a good friend who is a lineman for National Grid. I also have twin girls they will be starting colledge in fall. driving for 29 years right now for YRC worldwide. Take care hope to talk again Tim