Sunday, December 24, 2006

For the holidays you can't beat home, sweet home


Just in time for Christmas Eve. It looks like the many Lineworkers of the Left Coast will be able to join their families for some much needed rest. The Pre-Christmas storm of 2006 had knocked out power to over a million people in the Northwest. As of today, only a handful of minor outages remain.

From what I have read in the news, the response of the public to the power outages is one that usually comes from a misunderstanding of the power system that they use. I'll work this week to show you how power gets from the nuclear reactors and hydroelectric dams to your computer and floor lamp.

For now, I wish that you have a wonderful Christmas. Spend time with your loved ones. I'm hoping soon to add a loved one to my family in the very near future. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: