Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Not Sick of Working, Just Sick From Working

Well, some say it was a good storm. If by that you mean that snow dropped lower than it has in 8 years and caused havoc all across the foothills then yes. We worked 40 hours this last weekend, and finally wrapped up all of the storm damage Tuesday. I guess it finally got to me. I am SICK. I tried to push through it yesterday, in hope that I might only have a bit of sneezing to do. I really don't like using sick days.
Since I don't really have anything to do today, except for rest and recuperate, I decided to check my work journal. Some think that it's goofy, but I like to keep track of how many hours I work every day, the weather, and who I worked with. I realized that I have worked 21 of the last 22 days. I'm think that this would be a good weekend to put the overtime on hold, and just enjoy some family time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on becoming a lineman but too bad about the cold. Thanks for taking care of everyone else in the meantime. My folks were happy when their lights came back on about 5pm Sat. I knew when they called about being snowed in that you were having a busy weekend. Enjoy some chicken soup and a good book.

MountainPowerLineman said...

Thanks for the congratulations. Your folks and just about everyone else that lives at that elevation was out of power. Our higher elevations are used to the snow load, but those live oaks in Coarsegold just can't seem to take the pressure. I'm defenitely planning to take this weekend off and rest up.

MountainPowerLineman said...

Get some good sleep, little buddy. I know you stay busy yourself. If you don't watch it you'll get sick like me. Talk to you soon, I hope.