Sunday, April 30, 2006

Well, Google Me Happy


This will totally seem childish to those of you who have already experienced this: I'm on Google! I didn't actually show up as myself, but I did turn up in a search. I was trying to find the English translation to the song, "Chaiyya Chaiyya Bollywood Joint" from the soundtrack of Inside Man. By the by, it really is a great heist movie. The twists are so much fun. Lo and behold, what did I find sitting at the bottom of the page on Google, but yours truly, the Mountain Power Lineman.
I don't know much about the way that Google works. I suppose that I could dissapear as quick as I showed up on the net. For now I think I'll enjoy this very, very, very minor bit of noteriety. After all, I'm sure I'll never hit again.

For your and my enjoyment, allow me to direct you to the scene of the incident. Right this way, to view the incredible Egress!

If I have managed to infect you with the grooves that Chaiyya has to offer I might suggest that you check out the musical, Bombay Dreams, which features the song. Written by Andrew Lloyd Weber, among others, it might be worth looking at. I can't vouch for that myself, which probably surprises my wife. I seem to have been exposed prodigiously to musicals in my lifetime (many thanks to my mom) and consequently I enjoy them immensly. That's another subject for another day.

No comments: