Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hey, did you know that this internet thing can play music?

I suppose that this will seem silly to the many whom are more informed, and much more savvy when it comes to the uses of the Internet. I have only recently discovered the fun of listening to Internet based radio stations. The nearly limitless number of styles of music all seem to have their niche, right here in the land of ones and zeros. 101000010101000100001011101100101110001111

I know, Naptster and other such outlets have been around forever. I suppose that since I'm not likely to purchase a song off the internet (I still prefer the tangible to the abstract) it is a great thing that sites like Radio Paradise are around. Listen for free, and you just might find a new group to enjoy.

As I write this I'm checking out the sounds of Apna Radio. Bhangra and Hindi music. It is definitely different. Want to check out something else? How about some Gregorian Chants. Look it up on Portugal's Radio Set. Where is all of this. Just click on the RADIO button on your version of Windows Media Player. I suppose there are a few who don't like to use it, but I'm hooked.

p.s. I don't know why, but I really like this picture. It makes me feel very peaceful. I suppose that it helps that at this moment I have switched over to Gregorian chants. I recommend it to anyone who has had a long day.

No comments: