Saturday, May 06, 2006

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting


Of late I have been on a kung fu kick. On Starz Network they have been showing Kung Fu Hustle, Hero, and Zatoichi. I haven't watched this many martial arts movies since I was in high school. We used to rent all of the old Jackie Chan movies, like Shaolin Wooden Men, Drunken Master, or Half a Loaf of Kung Fu. All of these come highly recommended. Of course that is only if you already have a predilection for Hong Kong cinema.

Even though I missed the first half hour, Kung Fu Hustle is my current favorite. Fast, funny, and full of Fu (of the Kung variety). I am totally hooked on the soundtrack right now.

I suppose if someone were to look at my library of music, they would guess that it was the music of several different people. My wife calls it "ecclectic". I think that sounds better than "weird".

No comments: