Thursday, June 22, 2006

Tiiiiiiiiiimmmmberrrrrrrr


Just yesterday my friend Craig came over to help me with a problem. I had six dead Ponderosa pines in my backyard. Not only were they close to the house, but a few of them were on the order of 120 feet or more. That is a lot of wood. That is also a LOT of cleanup. Today I purchased a Stihl 20" chainsaw. I think it is called the Farm Boss. That has helped a lot. I don't know how many cords of wood I have to cut up, but I can tell you that I have a boatload of tree branches I need to turn into wood chips.

I guess that I wouldn't feel so much pressure to complete the job, except that a great deal of tree limbs are on the back of my neighbor's yard. He doesn't live there, and only visits occasionally, but I want it to be clean, so that he doesn't have to worry.

I worked on it some tonight, but now the weather is menacingly hot. It is actually 90 at my house right now. I know that doesn't sound like a lot when it is 106 in the San Joaquin Valley, but consider the humidity that these trees put out and WOW it is hot.

Well, I had better recuperate. I still have another day of work this week.

No comments: