Saturday, July 08, 2006

Like All Good Things...


... so this too must come to an end. And so comes to a close the Lake Tahoe/Carmel-By-The-Sea 2006 vacation. There was a lot of driving, but I would say that it was worth it. We made a rise in elevation from 3500 to about 6000, then up to around 9000 for a day, and then finished up at the baseline zer0 at sealevel.

I had never been to Tahoe, and I had only been to Carmel once (but I don't remember it). I have to say that my wife planned a wonderful trip. Tahoe was even more fun than I thought it would be. Absolutely, without doubt, that is the most beautiful lake I have ever seen.

Carmel was a great little beach town. Although it wore my wife out, I think that the ability to walk the entirety of the town makes for a pleasant stay. None of the driving and parking nonsense.

I only wish that the trip could have continued. It is never easy to put your nose back to the grindstone after dipping your toes in such beautiful waters.

p.s. I am starting a Flickr account, so look to the sidebar for a link to appear soon.
the mountainpowerlineman

No comments: