Saturday, October 04, 2008

It's Good To Be Back

Yeah, I know.  I'm a horrible blogger.  Once a month is a pretty cruddy schedule to blog on.  I just haven't been up to much.  Ok.  That's not really true, either.  

I've transferred back to a regular Lineman position at work.  Now I get to go and do regular crew work.  Working by myself as an inspector was good for some reasons, but it had its disadvantages as well.  I'd worked in the Fresno area for a year, but only knew the 9 people in my department.  It really took about a year to get to know them, since we all work alone.  You can only get to know someone so well when you only see them every other week at a safety meeting.

This week I've already had a chance to rubber glove some .715 aluminum and go up to Wishon Reservoir to hot stick some tie wires.  It's not much, but it's a start.  The part I'm having a bit of time getting used to is the fact that I have more experience than the guys I'm working with.  I've always been the low man in the yard, but now I'm one of the senior Linemen in the yard.  The responsibility of making sure that any apprentices that I'm working with are getting a chance to learn how to do the trade in a safe and productive environment is a serious thing.  

Last night it rained here for the first time in months.  Storm season is on its way.  I'm ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm ready, too.

How was your trip? Fantastic, I'm sure. But call me up and tell me about it.