Tuesday, November 04, 2008

So, it's been another month, and whether I like it or not, I'm going to write down some of my thoughts.

By tomorrow, we will have managed to choose our nation's leader for the next four years. No matter who your contender was, we will have managed to do the amazing - carry out an orderly, and honest election without bloodshed or oppression. I think that's pretty incredible.

I read an article on the Washington Post that brought me back to reality. Anne Applebaum's article, "Five Election Myths," was a reminder of the reality that follows the culmination of an election day. I'm interested in seeing how it plays out.

Mostly, I'm just glad that the election is over. I'm soooooooo tired of these ads. Well at least we have 2 years before they start campaigning again (please tell me I get more than just 2 years).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two years if you're lucky.