Monday, January 16, 2006

Nearly 40 Hours Later

So, I guess I had a good day, yesterday. It was a pretty long day, though. I woke up on Saturday at around 6am. I was called in to work at 5pm and I stayed out working until 2pm, Sunday. I didn't get to bed until about 10pm that night. I did get one nap in, thank goodness, for about 2 hours. Let's do the math! That's about 38 hours of being awake, with 21 hours of being at work. To be honest, it isn't that hard to stay awake that long, as long as you stay busy.

A cold storm came sweeping through our territory over the weekend. Though the storm did drop snow as low as 3500 feet, snow was not the cause for trouble. Like Mark Twin said, "... (L)ightning does the work." Lightning blew out transformers and line fuses all over the Bass Lake area, North Fork, Oakhurst, Mariposa, and on and on. My boss had so much work that he had to call for more people to come from as far away as Manteca to come help. All said, it was a pretty fun night of work. It is a lot easier to change fuses and transformers than it is to replace broken power poles, downed power lines, and such. We were fortunate in that the storm was not exceptionally windy. No falling trees, THANK YOU GOD.

I'm just glad that today is a company holiday, and I get to recoup at home here with my laptop. Running around for 2 days is tough on a person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nephew Nick! Being married to a fellow Blogger, I know how much you guys love to get comments so here goes. Probably shouldn't get all mushy here but I know your Mom would be so incredibly proud of you. Since you probably also take care of power outages to Coarsegold as well, I love that you're now taking care of my parents as well. Your writing is great so please keep it up. Your site will now be listed under my favorites. Much love to you.