Friday, January 05, 2007

C'mon, Goob


Do you want some Power Lineman videos? It seems as though some of you have been looking for them. Here are a few of my favorites.

C'mon Goob - This is the infamous "pole top drop" that many of you may have seen. The poor guy got ahead of himself, and the rescue dummy pulled him right out of the wood.

Load Break - A massive arc goes out when the transmission switch opens.

It Go Boom - You can never be too careful.

Go here for a greater selection of high voltage video. The folks at Teslamania are my kind of people. Powerlineman.com also has some great video of the high voltage variety. I'll be honest; I don't have any video of my own - yet. All the videos I've posted here are available at either one of the two sites I listed above. Enjoy.

For those of you who walk the wood, wire, and steel - C'mon Goob!


Go to LINE-MAN.COM for the 2009 Calendar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean that shot of the arc was not a photoshop creation?

If it is real, that's spooky. Look at the still image you took of it. It looks like a profile of a howling banshee. You can see an eye, a mouth, ears ... weird!